Brief History of the Department
Establishment : 1971
General Information about Department: - Department of sociology established under the headship of Dr. R. B. Jadhav who is well-known intellectual personality. Department has 1257 reference books and more than 500 textbooks available in the central library. Departmental enrollment is always high and department has a great tradition of result. Department organizes various activities for students overall development.
To develop student by value based quality education with commitment to their ethical and multidimensional development which will contribute towards their educational, social and economical well being.
To be a department of high repute with regard to research, application and transmission of knowledge in social science to promote social development.
- To inculcate goals and values stated in the constitution of Indian among the students which the knowledge of education.
- Training manpower for effective socio-economic development.
- To develop rational thinking, scientific temper and building youth through value based education.
- To acquaint the students about an emerging of Indian society.
- Academic Excellence
- Professional Integrity
- Team Work
- Innovative Practices
- Community service
Departmental Activities: -
- Study Tour
- Industrial Study Visit
- ‘NGO’ meet at ‘Avani, Ekati, Matoshri’.
- Guest Lectures
- Group Discussions
- Poster Exhibition
Extra Curricular Activity: -
- Student’s Birthday celebration
- Welcome function
- Guru Pornima
- Participation in ‘Avishkar’
- Participation in Various Workshops
- Speak Confidently
- Tree Plantation
- Celebrate ‘Vachan Prerana Din’
- Department will organize an ‘International Conference on Contemporary Social Issues.’
- To start Career Oriented Course of ‘Certificate Course in Social Work Education’.
- Department of Sociology will make ‘MoU’ with related organization.
- To take miner and major projects regarding some contemporary issues.